Welcome to Obstetrical care
About Obstetrical Care
Did you know that family physicians from Associates in Family Medicine perform hundreds of deliveries at Poudre Valley Hospital and Medical Center of the Rockies every year? We specialize in providing personalized care for the entire pregnancy, from the first prenatal visit to the hospital delivery and beyond.
We are open, available, and seeing patients
Experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
Call the AFM COVID-19 Hotline at 970-495-6234
We are always there for you
- We want you to feel free to call your provider’s office and speak with your nurse or physician for questions or concerns you may have during your pregnancy.
- AFM’s Urgent Care is there for you during off-hours and weekends. We are open every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. with limited hours on national holidays. Please call (970) 204-0300 with pregnancy concerns before arriving. Yes! There is a doctor on call 24 hours a day (who handles obstetrics) if your provider is not available.
You are unique in your pregnancy
- Every woman and every pregnancy is unique. The care you receive through AFM will reflect this.
You will receive high quality, personalized care
- Unlike many expectant mothers, you will have one primary physician to care for your obstetrical needs. Most of our OB patients are able to have the same physician who has cared for them and their babies during the prenatal visits perform the delivery as well. Through this, you will develop a close patient/doctor relationship.
Our providers are available for the entire family
- Not only will your physician be there for you throughout your pregnancy, they are also available to take care of your child after they are born, as well as the entire family. It is very comforting having one physician know your family and your health care needs.
This is a six-week series designed to prepare the expectant mother and her coach for labor, delivery, feeding and early newborn care.
- Labor – signs & stages, breathing, positions, and more
- Hospital Birthing Center tour
- Newborn care
Introducing Solid Foods: A Baby-led Approach
Discover how easy the transition from milk to family meals can be for your baby, and how to provide a foundation of healthy eating habits that last a lifetime!
- What is “baby-led weaning?”
- When is baby ready for solids?
- What to offer first, how to begin, and what to do to be successful
- Developing healthy eating habits for baby and the entire family
- And More
Obstetrical Care Locations
Horsetooth Office/Urgent Care
Find a Provider Near You
With nine locations throughout Northern Colorado, including urgent care options, Associates in Family Medicine is available when and where you need us.