Patient and Family Advisory Council
Our Patient & Family Advisory Council is a collaborative group in which patients, providers and staff work together to raise questions, discuss ideas and develop solutions to better improve the quality of care and services that you (and all of our patients) receive. Through this partnership, you are able to share your perspective and offer suggestions and thoughts for enhancement across the entire practice.
- The council meets quarterly at our Administration Office. The meetings are held over the lunch hour in the summer and fall. They are held in the evening in the winter and spring.
- We ask for a one year commitment (four meetings) of participation to encourage continuing conversations and follow-up on discussion topics.
- Food is always provided, and we are able to accommodate any allergy or diet restriction.
Some improvements we’ve implemented based on shared decision making from the council:
- Added a same-day acute care clinic to offer greater access for immediate care
- Improved and streamlined new patient orientation materials
- Hired scribes to reduce providers’ computer time while with patients
- Implemented group visits
- Website improvements to provider biographies and online communication forms
Interested in joining the council? 
Fill out the form below and submit. Our PFAC liaison will give you a call to answer any questions you may have, provide you with additional details and information about PFAC, and go over the expectations of the group.
Important note: The AFM Patient and Family Advisory Council Interest Form is not a secured email account and therefore should NOT be used for sharing medical information. We recommend you provide only the suggested information above.