- January 28, 2019
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Mommy and Me
Transitioning to motherhood can be challenging, but we are here for you every step of the way! The purpose of this class is to provide a friendly venue for professional and mom-to-mom support during the early months of your baby’s life.
This class will touch on:
• Nutrition, Physical Activity and Body Image for Mom
• Feeding Your Newborn
• Parenting Your Newborn
• Newborn Sleep Patterns
• Postpartum Emotions and Relationships
Important Class Information:
• This class is for infants 6 months and younger. Our hope is to lay a foundation for you to develop relationships with other moms and will ideally establish and maintain a weekly meeting place of your own. There are also many resources in our community in which we can refer you for continued support and guidance.
• Experienced moms can be a great source of information for first-time moms and we welcome you to this class! However, because of safety issues in our classroom, we ask that any children who are crawling or walking do not attend class with you. Please find alternative care.
• Out of respect for other moms and babies, if your baby has any signs of illness, we ask that you do not attend class until symptoms resolve. Examples would be cough, runny nose, drainage from the eyes, fever. Thank you for your cooperation.
• We welcome our new moms to breastfeed during this time, so we ask that men do not attend. Our class educators are Certified Lactation Counselors who have been specially trained in the area of breastfeeding. We welcome your breastfeeding questions and we have a scale available to weigh your baby before and after a feeding.